Error 8009000f during CryptoAcquireContext! - during CRYPT_NEWKEYSET
I'musing a VB6 application which Set/Gets encrypted values to the registry. Currently I'm using Windows 2k8 server OS and When I tried to set the value through the application I'm getting the following error. Run-time error '123': Error 8009000f during CryptoAcquireContext! - during CRYPT_NEWKEYSET Any help! Thanks, Vikram. Thanks, Vikram
November 25th, 2010 1:51am

Hi, Based on my research, error 8009000f during CRYPT_NEWKEYSET occurs if you do not have the correct access control list (ACL) permissions to call the CryptAcquireContext function to obtain the handle to a persisted key container on the disk. You may need to give the appropriate users access to your container. As there are some security changes from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008, I would like to recommend you to turn off UAC, then run the application with the administrator privilege to see how it works. If the issue persists, please visit the following link for troubleshooting: CryptAcquireContext() use and troubleshooting BTW, it is recommended to post in Visual Basic forums to troubleshoot the problem by analyzing the code. Reference: CryptAcquireContext Function Best Regards Dale Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 25th, 2010 4:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics