Error 643, Windows Update
I am running Windows Server 2008 64Bit, and I can not get it to install an update. The update that is not working is Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 (KB955706). Every time I try and run it I get an 643 error. I tried download and running the update manually but that did not work ether. If some one could help me that would be great.
April 27th, 2009 8:07pm

hi there, this update belongs to sql server. make sure you have sql server installed because you need sql server need to be installed in order for the update to get installed. andalso try the below action planmake sure SQLEXpress is disabled. Set this to manual, then start the service.Tried upgrade again,and report back.============================================and if none of the above procedure didnt work, i would suggest you to post the query under , just to know if there is any setting from sql server end. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/sqlserversainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 28th, 2009 7:10am

Hi, According to KB955706, this issue is related to Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and Windows Internal Database. If you have installed either of them, please check whether the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and Windows Internal Database is working properly. List of the bugs that are fixed in SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 3 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955706 Best regards, Vincent Hu
April 28th, 2009 12:37pm

I uninstalled WSUS, (I was having a lot of problem with it), FrontPage server extensions, (did not need it) and stop and started the Windows Internal Database service. Now the update no longer show in windows update. So I think it was something that one of thought programs needed. Thanks for the help.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 29th, 2009 8:35pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics