Error 500 and display flickering Win7
I have a Dell Dimension 3000, Intel Pentium 4, 3.0 GHz 2.99 GHZ, 2.0 GB RAM, 32 bit, NVidia GEForce FX 5200/256 MB PNY video card, a ViewSonic VX2035 wm Monitor. I recently installed a 512 MB Nvidia card, but it started flickering and I could not figure out why so I downgraded and installed this 256 MB video card. It hasn't stopped and the flickering is constant to the point making it impossible to watch. In fiddling around this evening, I found an error 500 in the Event Viewer with the following comment: "The Desktop Window Magager is experiencing heavy resource contention. Scenario : The Desktop Window Manager responsiveness has degraded"Help! Thanks, John
February 5th, 2010 4:31am

Hi Jws3, I see that your issue is related to windows 7 client operating system , there is a dedicated forum to answer windows 7 related queries please do post your question at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itproHints====a) please make sure that you install appropriate display driver which is supported for specific hardware.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 8th, 2010 10:49am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics