Error 2931 When deploying VM

Hello

I am getting this issue consistently and this is my third install. When I deploy a virtual machine from a template It will get about 60% through the install I will get the error (error below)

I've removed and re-added the agents, I've deleted the certificates from both machines and this seems to be an issue I am having across all my servers. The machine will start up from deploy and the point that it stops working is "change properties of virtual machine"

The part that I don't understand is if its a certificate issue (which I've troubleshot unsuccessfully) why does it succeed in deploying the hard drive using bits over https (the s meaning its checking the certificates) Any help at all would be appreciated, I am at my wits end.

Error (2931)
VMM is unable to complete the request. The connection to the VMM agent on the virtualization server (trainingvm2.pfdomain.prairiefyre.com) was lost.
Unknown error (0x80338029)

Recommended Action
Ensure that the Windows Remote Management (WS-Management) service and the VMM agent are installed and running and that a firewall is not blocking HTTPS traffic.

This can also happen due to DNS issues. Try and see if the server (trainingvm2.pfdomain.prairiefyre.com) is reachable over the network and can be looked up in DNS. You can ping the virtualization server from VMM management server and make sure that the IP address returned matches the IP address locally obtained from the virtualization server.

If the error still persists, restart the virtualization server, and then try the operation again.

April 30th, 2013 10:39pm

anyone?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 1st, 2013 2:15pm

Hi,

I have face the same issue and resolved it by removing Trend Micro Antivirus from Hyper-V nodes

January 24th, 2014 6:22am

Hi All,

I am facing the same issue while creation of VM from SCVMM 2012 R2 on Windows 2012 R2 Hyper-V host. I have symantec antivirus with all exclusion of Hyper-V services and folders. Is that symantec can create problem.

Thanks,

Manzoor

March 11th, 2014 2:54am

Hi All,

Issue has been resolved I have removed Sysmantec antivirus 12.1 RU3 from Hyper-V hosts and installed Symantec Antivirus 12.1RU4

Thanks,

Manzoor

March 11th, 2014 8:52am

Hi All,

Issue has been resolved I have removed Sysmantec antivirus 12.1 RU3 from Hyper-V hosts and installed Symantec Antivirus 12.1RU4

Thanks,

Manzoor

• Proposed as answer by Manzoor Nayeem Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:32 AM
March 11th, 2014 3:50pm

Hi All,

Thanks,

Manzoor

Hi All,

Thanks,

Manzoor

Hi All,

Thanks,

Manzoor

We have the same error msg when installing from template. But do not use any form of anti-virus. The only third-party software we use is Veeam.

Sometimes, but not always, creation of VM halts at 50%. It stops at 0% of the "change properties of virtual machine step".

When we try to restart the winrm service on the hyper-v hosts it can't be stopped and takes more than 30 minutes to shut down.

Attempting to restart scvmmagent give this error:

C:\Windows\system32>net stop scvmmagent
System error 109 has occurred.

The pipe has been ended.

We use SCVMM 2012 R2, latest patches and rollups. Each host has been updated recently to the latest SCVMM agent.

Winrm timeout has been increased to 1800000ms but it doesn't resolve the issue.

March 12th, 2014 5:33am

An update.

When we use templates with dynamic disks it seems to work all the time. It could be a size/timeout issue but the difference in size isn't that big, (dynamic disk ~7GB) vs (40 GB fixed size). If that's the case, what parameters can I tweak?

March 12th, 2014 8:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics