Error 2927 when refreshing host cluster

We are running SCVMM 2012 R2 on Windows Server 2012 and it manages a 4 node 2012 Hyper-V cluster.  I am receiving the following error when the job "Refresh host cluster" runs:

Error (2927)
A Hardware Management error has occurred trying to contact server Virtualsrv9.xxxxx.xxx :w:InternalError :HRESULT 0x803381e8:The WS-Management service cannot process the request. This service has exceeded its maximum of 100 concurrent operations per user allowed for plugin "WMI Provider". Retry the request later or raise the Maximum Operations per User quota. .

WinRM: URL: [http://virtualsrv9.xxxxx.xxx:5985], Verb: [INVOKE], Method: [GetVersion], Resource: [http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/wsman/1/wmi/root/scvmm/AgentManagement]

Unknown error (0x803381e8)

This error never showed up before I upgraded to SCVMM 2012 R2, however it had been refreshing the host cluster just fine for a while after the upgrade, then it started to occur sporadically.  I have been able to fix it when it shows up by restarting the Windows Remote Management Service on the cluster nodes which automatically restarts the VMM agent service also.Why is this happening?

January 7th, 2014 6:29pm

I have the same issue
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 10th, 2014 12:09am

I was able to fix this issue by running the following command from an administrator command prompt on my hyper-v nodes and VMM server.  I then restarted WinRM on all the servers and VMM was still cranky so I rebooted the VMM server and it has been working since then.  Hopefully it continues as it has only been a couple days.

winrm set winrm/config/Service @{MaxConcurrentOperationsPerUser="400"}

January 10th, 2014 12:39am

Have the same issue

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 10th, 2014 7:29am

Check the version of the SCOM console. Remove SCOM2012SP1 console and install scom2012r2 (On the VMM server)

January 13th, 2014 3:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics