Error 2916 on host after VMM upgrade to 2012

Hello I just upgraded from VMM 2008 R2 SP1 to 2012. After doing so I upgraded 1 host's agent to the new 2012 agent and all is fine. Then I upgraded the second hosts agent and all hell breaks loose. I have constant ERROR 2916 in the VMM logs.

Error (2916)
VMM is unable to complete the request. The connection to the agent *ServerName*.stu.int.dyc.edu was lost.
Unknown error (0x80338126)

Recommended Action
Ensure that the WS-Management service and the agent are installed and running and that a firewall is not blocking HTTPS traffic.

This problem can also be caused by WMI service crash. Ensure that KB 982293 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982293) is installed on the machine if it is running Windows Server 2008 R2.

If the error persists, reboot VADER.stu.int.dyc.edu and then try the operation again.

The first time I tired to update the agent if failed saying:

Error (416)
Agent installation timed out while waiting on service VMMAgentInstaller on VADER.stu.int.dyc.edu.

Recommended Action
Ensure that the Windows Installer service is running on *servername*.stu.int.dyc.edu and try the operation again.

But I have gotten it update by installing manually.

Everything was fine until I tried to update the agent on this second Hyper V host. I have reinstalled the agent tired to refresh the server to no avail. Are there any other suggestions?

• Edited by Typhoon87 Wednesday, February 25, 2015 7:35 PM removed server name
February 25th, 2015 7:35pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics