Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly - when installing MS Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Hi, Please check if the following registries are existed. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\PendingXmlIdentifier HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\NextQueueEntryIndex HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving If any of them is existed, please delete it. Also check the security settings on the folder c:\Windows\winsxs\installitemp, ensure you give the full permission to the System. After that, reinstall the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable to see if it works. Regards, MiyaMiya Yao TechNet Community Support
March 30th, 2012 11:20am

Looks like other services/programs running on the server are causing issues with installation, I suggest you put your system in clean boot and run the installation. See if that help- Clean boot article- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 Sachin Gadhave
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 7th, 2012 8:09am

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly - when installing MS Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Applies To: WindowsOther/UnknownPrograms I need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86) on MS Server 2008 Foundation. It does not finish the installation and crashes with the following message: Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'policy.8.0.Microsoft VC80.OpenMP,type="win32policy",version="8.0.50727.762",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecure="x86". I tried everything: - uninstalled all MS .NETs - used MS Windows CleanUp utility - used registry cleaner - used MS FixIt referenced in other similar Error 1935 cases on Internet, etc Hope someone will help me, PLEASE (:-)
April 7th, 2012 9:02am

Hi, Please check if the following registries are existed. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\PendingXmlIdentifier HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\NextQueueEntryIndex HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving If any of them is existed, please delete it. Also check the security settings on the folder c:\Windows\winsxs\installitemp, ensure you give the full permission to the System. After that, reinstall the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable to see if it works. Regards, MiyaMiya Yao TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 8th, 2012 4:25am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics