Error - the sync group was out-of-date without any warning / error

Hi,

I've a sync group which sync without any problems in past few months, and on 23/4/2015 9:48:16 a.m. it suddenly stopped sync with following error:

Sync failed with the exception "We have encountered an issue in syncing your data, the sync group was out-of-date. Suggest to delete the sync group and recreate it."    For more information, provide tracing ID a3aaff85-5e92-4727-ba38-266b73e5c14b to customer support.

We know that if the sync group has some unresolved sync for more than 45 days it will produce this error, but this sync group do not have any Warnings / Fails, it was strange for this to happened.

Status
Error
LAST SYNC
4/23/2015 9:46:41 AM
Sync Group ID
5188f1dc-1fe8-4d74-812e-c139223dee14_East Asia
Subscription Name
Solo Customer Batch 6
Subscription ID
9cbe71ea-a57e-4dab-901b-d22aec6900a2
Conflict Resolution
Client Wins
Regards,

Michael Yung

April 26th, 2015 10:33pm

Hi Michael,

If a sync groups status is "Out-of-Date" you need to delete the sync group and recreate it.

Reference :- https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/hh667321.aspx#bkmk_sgoutofdatestatus

Regards,

Mekh.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 27th, 2015 6:15am

Hi Mekh,

Thanks for your reply, but I want to know why it suddenly become out-of-date, as it do not have any fails / warning sync log, that means for any sync group, it may have a chance to become "out-of-day" without any syndromes?

Regards,
Michael

April 27th, 2015 6:20am

Hi Michael,

A sync group can become outdated if one or more changes fail to apply for the whole retention period of 45 days.

Regards,

Mekh.

April 27th, 2015 8:07am

Hi Mekh,

Is there any way that I can know which changes failed to apply? As the log did not give me any warning or error and I want to prevent that to be happened again in future. Thanks.

Regards,
Michael

April 27th, 2015 12:57pm

Hi Michael,

May I know the latest status of this problem? From our backend, it shows that you've re-added the member and currently the sync group works fine.

For this kind of issues, generally errors will be recorded in logs if the sync group do have some changes failed to apply. If the problem still exist, please let us know and we will provide some guides to dump some sync metadata from your sync group, for the further root cause investigation.

Regards,
Bowen

April 28th, 2015 3:14pm

Hi Michael,

May I know the latest status of this problem? From our backend, it shows that you've re-added the member and currently the sync group works fine.

For this kind of issues, generally errors will be recorded in logs if the sync group do have some changes failed to apply. If the problem still exist, please let us know and we will provide some guides to dump some sync metadata from your sync group, for the further root cause investigation.

Regards,
Bowen

April 28th, 2015 7:13pm

Hi Michael,

Regards,
Bowen

Hi Michael,

Regards,
Bowen

Hi Michael,

Regards,
Bowen

Hi Michael,

Regards,
Bowen

Hi Michael,

Regards,
Bowen

Hi Michael,

Regards,
Bowen

Hi Michael,

Regards,
Bowen

Hi Michael,

Regards,
Bowen

Hi Michael,

Regards,
Bowen

Hi Bowen,

Thanks for your reply, yes, I've deleted the out-dated sync group and re-sync all the data.

I also though that the log page will show me some failed changes before the sync member taking off-line, but the fact is that all the log show 0 failed, and even no warning status before the sync member being out-dated.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Michael

April 30th, 2015 1:28pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics