Error (23833) The selected cloud does not support protection, or the recovThe selected cloud does not support protection, or the recovery point objective requested for the virtual machine xxxx (30 seconds) is not within the range that the cloud supports.

I have SCVMM 2012 R2 . I have enabled  Azure site recovery replication, but today I have noticed  live migration failure for  G2 guests Servers on Cloud . After changing  the Cloud options to none, all started working. I have also created a test cloud to verify the issue, outcome was failure.  I am not seeing the issue with G1 guest systems.  Attaching error screenshot

Error details

Error (23833)
The selected cloud does not support protection, or the recovery point objective requested for the virtual machine xxxx (30 seconds) is not within the range that the cloud supports.

Recommended Action
Select a different cloud, enable protection for the cloud, or change the requested recovery point objective for the virtual machine to a value greater than or equal to NO_PARAM seconds, and then try the operation again.

• Edited by Sandeepcp Wednesday, February 25, 2015 4:49 AM
February 25th, 2015 4:48am

Microsoft has not provided me with much support on this issue, but I was able to resolve this myself. What you need to do is remove the DR Protection attribute from your VM using the command below.

Source: Stop protecting a virtual machine

$vm = get-scvirtualmachine -Name "SQLVM1"
Set-SCVirtualMachine -VM $vm -ClearDRProtection

It is important to note that this command does nothing, unless the Azure Site Recovery provider is installed on your VMM server, and your VMM server is registered in ASR. Once I had run this command against my virtual machines, I was able to uninstall the provider and unregister my server from ASR. Now my VM's are free to live migrate again.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 14th, 2015 9:04pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics