Error: 1327, Invalid drive on Win 7 Ultimate on AD Domain
I have several computers with Windows 7 Ultimate installed here at the Pioneer Library System. We have ~20 workstations on a Active Directory domain and are planning on rolling out Windows 7 this fall. I am running Windows 7 to test our programs (have since RC1) but I am running into an issue when installing software. All the users in our domain have their "Home Folder" on their active directory profile set to H:\ and H:\ is mapped to \\PrimaryDC\user$ in the same place. We have also moved the C:\Users\user\Documents folder to H:\ so as to keep all documents on the server where they get backed up regularly. The problem I am running into on Windows 7 is that when I run any MSI installer, it fails with a 1327 error when it is preparing to install and says "Invalid Drive H:\". If I move "Documents" back to C:\Users\user\Documents the MSI installer works fine. When I look into the registry as suggested in this thread I found that in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders " and in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders " the key "Personal" points to "H:\". But, H:\ is a valid connected network drive. Installing from the same account on an XP computer with C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents moved to the H:\ drive works fine. Is there a workaround for this besides installing from an account that does not have Documents mapped to the network drive H:\ to use for installing programs? Thanks Aaron Z PLS
April 26th, 2010 9:52pm

Hi Aaron Z This post appears to be related to Windows 7. For peer experience and suggestions, you may wish to post to the windows 7 forum. This will provide access to others who read the public newsgroups regularly who will either share their knowledge. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro Thanks Tiger Li
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 28th, 2010 11:28am

I have posted oover there, sorry about posting here. It looks like this post was not moved (as it still shows up in the Platform Networking forum), can it just be deleted by a moderator? Thanks Aaron Z
April 29th, 2010 4:08pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics