Enumerate SMB Sessions on Windows Server 2008 R2

I'm encountering the following issue regarding "Manage Sessions" on Windows Server 2008 R2:

When using Server Manager --> Roles --> File Services --> Share and Storage Management then click Actions "Manage Sessions.." at the right to list current sessions, Only a dialog box "Working: Enumerate SMB sessions" appears but no sessions list shown after a long time.

If using local Computer Management --> System Tools --> Shared Folders --> Sessions to list current sessions, the list appears very slowly, one connection at a time. Wait for a long time, the session list completes. But when I click on the output grid, the snap-in becomes unresponsive.

I like to know is there anyone encounters the same problem and if so, how to fix it.

Thank you very much.

March 20th, 2015 7:18am

Hi,

Computer Management will try to resolve the client IP address to user-friendly NetBIOS name. Please try to disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP to get enumerating sessions faster.

For more detailed information, please see:

On Windows Server 2008, you may have to wait for a long time to populate the information on shared folder sessions in Computer Management console
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2454039?wa=wsignin1.0

Best Regards,

Mandy
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 24th, 2015 2:19am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics