Enterprise Search - A seperate site collection or a subsite ?

Hi All,

Need some help from the experts here.

A doubt that we had. Should search center (lets say enterprise search in SP 2013) be created as a separate site collection or should it be a subsite of some existing site collection. what would be the pros and cons of each approach.

Thanks for any pointers that  you can provide.

January 26th, 2015 8:25am

The consensus used to be that it should/must be a separate site collection. This was primarily to allow you to manage the templates issues you had in 2010 with search and in part security.

These days I don't see a significant advantage in splitting it out, it might as well go in the root site collection.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 26th, 2015 11:51am

The consensus used to be that it should/must be a separate site collection. This was primarily to allow you to manage the templates issues you had in 2010 with search and in part security.

These days I don't see a significant advantage in splitting it out, it might as well go in the root site collection.

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics