Enhancement Request: Show me what's going on during a time period in the portal

When I'm looking at the Azure portal I see this graph on my SQL Azure database. Notice the 100%. My first thought is "What is making the database hit 100%". Also, what is spiking up to 100% in those periods before. I'd love to be able to just click on a point or drag a region and see what is killing the performance. The power of the graphs are one of the best things about the new portal but I need to be able to drill into the data from here. I actually want to see the individual queries if that is possible. 

May 23rd, 2015 7:11pm

Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting here.

Was there any transactions happening with your SQL database. Were there any import/export scheduled, or any database backup. Was there a multiple queries on your SQL DB.

Please check the operation logs on the particular date and time. If in case it was an unusual transaction on your Database, please open a support case with Azure SQL team for further analysis.

Girish Prajwal

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 24th, 2015 10:05am

My point is if I see high CPU on this graph I want to know why without having to go somewhere else or looking up some random query to find that information. I know something is going on and your advice is correct, but this graph should tell me. 
May 24th, 2015 11:54am

Hi Paul,

At the moment, from the portal, it is not possible to drill down into the data to see what is affecting the performance. The new portal is still in preview. You could submit a feedback here.

Regards,

Mekh.

May 25th, 2015 7:12am

@Paul

Though it's still not possible to drill down into details from Azure Portal, we do want to understand a bit more about which data you'd like to see there. Feel free to email me on a-masare at microsoft dot com

Thanks,
Maja

May 25th, 2015 11:48am

@Paul

Though it's still not possible to drill down into details from Azure Portal, we do want to understand a bit more about which data you'd like to see there. Feel free to email me on a-masare at microsoft dot com

Thanks,
Maja

May 25th, 2015 3:47pm

@Paul

Thanks,
Maja

@Paul

Thanks,
Maja

@Paul

Thanks,
Maja

@Paul

Thanks,
Maja

@Paul

Thanks,
Maja

@Paul

Thanks,
Maja

@Paul

Thanks,
Maja

@Paul

Thanks,
Maja

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics