Encoding when connecting via OLEDB (MSSQL 2012 RS)

Hi,

We have the following installation (x64) :
= MS Windows Server 2012 Standard
= MS SQL Server 2012 Standard (RS)
= Sybase ASE 15.7 (Client)

RS report datasource is OLEDB (ASE). During connection and retrieve data no errors are found, but the report does not display Cyrillic letters (only numbers and Latin). Cyrillic letters are not replaced with "?" and are excluded from the text.

If change the datasource from OLEDB to ODBC - Cyrillic data appears.
How can we restore the display of Cyrillic when connecting via OLEDB (ASE) ?

August 21st, 2015 9:20am

Hello,

Sounds more like an issue Sybase ASE data Provider then SSRS; you may ask this also in a Sybase forum, may be it's a known issue.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 21st, 2015 9:27am

Hello,

We checked the work of Sybase OLEDB driver the simplest powershell script (connection,data retrieve). No errors were found - the data is read correctly. Problems begin already when used in RS.

August 21st, 2015 9:37am

Hi B3276,

Thank you for your question. 

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 26th, 2015 5:58am

Hi B3276,

We notice you've opened a support case with us, our support engineers will work with you on that support case.

As we are not going to further troubleshoot this issue here, I have a quick suggestion, which is to check if the Cyrillic font is installed on the report server. (I've seen some font rendering issues are caused by not having the font installed)

August 26th, 2015 10:40pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics