Enabling Offline Files breaks Drive mappings to remote sites

I have a Windows 2008 R2 Server that I am using for RDS. I have enabled Offline Folders on the server but have not configured it.

After enabling It breaks Drive mappings to my remote plant File Server. The Error is    " (Driveletter) Refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the internet or your network, and then thry again. If it still cannont be located, the information might have been moved to a different location.

Drive shares to local servers work. Drive shares to other servers at the remote plant work. But this one gets an error unless I Disable Offline Files then it works again. Any Ideas.

I have already applied the following Hotfixes with no results.  KB2610379, KB2715922, and KB2761645.

July 2nd, 2013 4:58pm

Hi,

From the description, when you enabled offline files on the Windows 2008 R2 server (serverA), a mapped drive to a shared folder on ServerB cannot be accessed. If there is any misunderstanding please let me know.

If this is correct, please check if you could access the server with \\server or \\IPaddress.

Meanwhile try the following article to disable "slow-link mode" and see if it will work:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2009/02/11/configure-slow-link-mode-policy-on-vista-for-offline-files.aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 4th, 2013 4:49am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics