Enable Hardware Profile for Terminal Services service through Group Policy Windows Server 2003
Hello. I'm trying to enable remote desktop for a domain. I enabled the terminal services service in Active Directory with a GPO and I enabled the logon through terminal services setting with a GPO. I've tested this out on a few workstations and the problem I am running into is that the hardware profile is still disabled on the log on tab in services. Is there a registry setting where I can change this or a GPO setting. If I can discover where this setting is located at in the registry, then that is something I can work with since registry keys are easy to push out. Appreciate any help on this. Thanks!
May 24th, 2011 5:32pm

Never mind. I found the registry key for this setting. Let me answer my own question. The setting is located in HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet001\Hardware Profiles\0001\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\Legacy_Termservice\0000 and the value is CSConfigFlags. Setting it to 0 will enable the hardware profile for Terminal Services and setting it to a 1 will disable the hardware profile for Terminal Services.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 24th, 2011 6:26pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics