Enable Auditing of AD account management in windows 2008
Hi.. I am using windows 2008 server as an domain controller . now i am planning to enable audit whenever any user created, modify or delete. I already followed the below steps . http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731607(WS.10).aspx but still i am not getting any audit logs . Need your suggestion for the same.
December 6th, 2010 1:01am

Hello, please describe which settings you have enabled for failure/success on which OU, so we can get an overview. Also make sure with: auditpol /get /category:* that the settings are applied on the DC.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 6th, 2010 3:48am

Hi, To set up AD DS auditing, there are two steps: l Enabling the global audit policy in Group Policy l Setting up auditing in object SACLs using the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in I would like to suggest you follow the article and double check the steps to make sure that the configuration is correct. If the issue persists, would you please describe how did you configure the auditing setting in detail so that we can check if anything is wrong. Please also send me more information for analyzing. For your convenience, I have created a workspace for you. You can upload the information files to the following link. (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft") Workspace URL: https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=b39ba1fd-6d1f-4345-ad74-22b2be665128 Password: 9raU8f69e2MXH[ Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken. Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Meanwhile, please note that files uploaded for more than 72 hours will be deleted automatically. Please ensure to notify me timely after you have uploaded the files. Thank you for your understanding. Collect GPMC log ============== 1. On domain controller, click Start -> Run, type GPMC.MSC, it will load the GPMC console. If the GPMC snap-in is not installed. 2. Right click on "Group Policy Result" and choose wizard to generate a report for the problematic computer and user account (please place appropriately). (Choose computer and select the proper user in the wizard) 3. Right click the resulting group policy result and click the "Save Report…" => save report and upload it to the link I provided. Collect gpresult output ============== 1. Run the command: gpresult /v >C:\gpresult.txt. 2. Upload the C:\gpresult.txt to the above link. Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 6th, 2010 10:31pm

Dear All , Thanks for your suggestion . I reconfigured the same procedure once again and now its working fine . http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731607(WS.10).aspx
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 10th, 2010 1:52am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics