Email with local webserver and remote mail server
I have a few domains where i host the web server,and have dns entries pointing to the web server, all works well, but i dont handle the email, for that i nneed to send out to a remote server. I set this up before by putting a MX record in the dns pointing to the remote server and this worked, but i rey this for a new server and it never leaves, it tells me can not find mail "The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent" the error is from my server so it is not leaving. This is the case even when sent from outlook. Is their something else i have forgotten, is their a better way to do this?. I have sbs 2000 domain controller with exhange 2000, and 2008 web servers Thanks
December 3rd, 2010 11:14pm

If the error is coming from your exchange server, have you checked the recipient policy in exchange to make sure that domain isn't listed to be handled locally? If it's there then exchange won't bother doing an MX lookup since it will consider it to be local.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 4th, 2010 1:48pm

I sorted it out soon after posting, and yes thats exactly what it was. Seems the brain functions better after posting a questionAlan Mosley Perth SEO Company
December 4th, 2010 8:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics