Elastic Database size
How do I increase the max database size of an individual database within an elastic pool?
September 2nd, 2015 11:32am

Ben,

Increasing the max database size for a database in elastic pool is no different from increasing the size for a stand-alone SQL database. You can use the t-sql command 'Alter Database..' to increase the size upto the maximum allowable limit for the database (for e.g. 250 GB for a database in a standard elastic pool).

ALTER DATABASE MyDatabase MODIFY (MAXSIZE=100GB)

But also keep in mind that total actual size allowed for all databases together in your elastic pool is limited by your elastic pool size settings (for e.g. for a standard elastic pool the size allowances are 1GB for every eDTU provisioned for the pool. i.e. a 200 eDTU standard pool allows up to 200 GB of actual storage for all the databases in that pool together). Details are provided at the SQL Database pricing page here

-- Srini

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2015 11:54am

Ben,

Increasing the max database size for a database in elastic pool is no different from increasing the size for a stand-alone SQL database. You can use the t-sql command 'Alter Database..' to increase the size upto the maximum allowable limit for the database (for e.g. 250 GB for a database in a standard elastic pool).

But also keep in mind that total actual size allowed for all databases together in your elastic pool is limited by your elastic pool size settings (for e.g. for a standard elastic pool the size allowances are 1GB for every eDTU provisioned for the pool. i.e. a 200 eDTU standard pool allows up to 200 GB of actual storage for all the databases in that pool together). Details are provided at the SQL Database pricing page here

-- Srini

September 2nd, 2015 12:02pm

Ben,

-- Srini

September 2nd, 2015 3:53pm

Ben,

-- Srini

Ben,

-- Srini

Ben,

-- Srini

Ben,

-- Srini

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics