Effects of creating a Field with same name as of a crawled Property
We have created a site column Usage_x0020_Restriction in sharePoint of MMS type. When we have crawled the content we found that no managed property created for this field which should be something like owstaxIdUsage_x0020_Restriction . When we have investigated the same in our environment we found that a crawled property of same name Usage_x0020_Restriction was available under document parser category. Issue is we have large amount of data and we can not think of changing the column name at this juncture. Is there anyother way (We would like to have  OOTB way rather than creating and mapping new managed property). Any suggest
September 9th, 2015 12:31am

Hi,

As I understand, you have the crawled property Usage_x0020_Restriction is the same with the site column Usage_x0020_Restriction in SharePoint 2013.

I have test the issue according to the steps in your post. After doing a full crawl, I get three relative crawled properties. They are Usage_x0020_Restriction, ows_Usage_x0020_Restriction and ows_taxId_Usage_x0020_Restriction. And it only create the managed property owstaxIdUsagex0020Restriction for the crawled property ows_taxId_Usage_x0020_Restriction automatically.

You could reset the index and do a full crawl to check if the same issue will occur.

The article below is about from site column to managed property - What's up with that?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Dn794220.aspx

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 4:43am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics