Editing perfmon log file
Hi All, Is there any tool/command available, by using which I can edit perfmon log files(.csv format). Basically I want to remove some of unwanted counters from a perfmon log file.
May 19th, 2011 5:33am

Excel from MS Office is your friend. (I have changed "," for ";" in Notepad's Replace All if needed.)
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 19th, 2011 7:45am

RELOG.exe (part of windows base install) Microsoft ® Relog.exe (6.1.7601.17514) Relog creates new performance logs from data in existing performance logs by changing the sampling rate and/or converting the file format. Supports all performance log formats, including Windows NT 4.0 compressed logs. Usage: relog <filename [filename ...]> [options] Parameters: <filename [filename ...]> Performance file to relog. Options: -? Displays context sensitive help. -a Append output to the existing binary file. -c <path [path ...]> Counters to filter from the input log. -cf <filename> File listing performance counters to filter from the input log. Default is all counters in the original log file. -f <CSV|TSV|BIN|SQL> Output file format. -t <value> Only write every nth record into the output file. Default is to write every record. -o Output file path or SQL database. -b <d/MM/yyyy h:mm:ss[AM|PM]> Begin time for the first record to write into the output file. -e <d/MM/yyyy h:mm:ss[AM|PM]> End time for the last record to write into the output file. -config <filename> Settings file containing command options. -q List performance counters in the input file. -y Answer yes to all questions without prompting. Examples: relog logfile.csv -c "\Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time" -o logfile.blg relog logfile.blg -cf counters.txt -f bin relog logfile.blg -f csv -o logfile.csv -t 2 relog logfile.blg -q -o counters.txt
May 19th, 2011 6:42pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics