Each Domain Account to be Admin in its Own Machine

Hello,

I want a script to make each domain account a member of the local admin group in their respective machines.

For example,

UserA ---- Local Admein on MachineA

UserB ----- Local Admin on MachineB

I've tried to accomplish this using restricted group but i need something like %DOMAIN ACCOUNT% so that each account is added to its own local group in its own machine.

%USERNAME% added the local user accounts but i want domain accounts.

Please note that i am running on server 2003 DC, so i neither have PowerShell nor Group Policy Preferences.

Appreciate your valuable response.

May 21st, 2015 2:52am

This is not a very good idea.  Users should not run as admins. 

There is no way to automatically do what you ask. You would have to add each user one at a time, to their machine. Sine you do notwant touse PowerShell you will need to use VBScript remotely. If you look in the repository you will find scripts for managing local grouos.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 21st, 2015 5:42am

Thanks for your reply.

I want to make users to be admins on their machines to install software applications without the assistance from IT guys.  It is being a headache for IT guys each time a user asks for software installation.

I will be more than glad if you have a better practice for this.

May 21st, 2015 6:22am

Use Group Policy to distribute software.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 21st, 2015 6:44am

You should really be using something like System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to centrally manage application installs. This allows you to publish applications without having to give admin access. As JRV said, giving end users admin access is. No no really.
May 22nd, 2015 12:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics