EXPORT DHCP SCOPE INFORMATION TO TEXT ?
Does anyone know of a process, script or utility that will export all DHCP scope information, IP range names, DNS, WINS and options and etc from DHCP on a Windows2003 server to a pure text file (or xls) ?Yes, I do know how to use the NETSH command to export and import the information, but that file is not a real text file and cannot be read with Notepad. Why you ask ? I need to document all the DHCP scope information on 70+ servers so the DHCP scopes can be migrated to the network routers for all sites and of course the routers are not Windows boxes and must be configured manually.
January 7th, 2011 2:40pm

I never tried this myself but attempting to help hence I may be wrong on this but from the post http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowsserver2008r2general/thread/42a9e5e2-8d87-42b7-a0c7-69ed76c92eef it sounds like the dhcpcmd utility from nt4.0 works for 2003, let me know if this helps? Adam
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 7th, 2011 4:05pm

So, if you're familiar with NETSH command and DHCP contect, why you dont want to use it with DUMP option ? It's very simple and complex output which can be redirected to text file and of course you can script it :) Just type on server netsh dhcp server \\DHCP_Server_Name dump > c:\DHCPconf.txt or prepare text file with all of your DHCP server, one per line i.e. (c:\servers.txt) mydchp01 mydhcp02 mydhcp03 create DHCPconfigs folder on C-Drive for text files and then create batch file @echo off for /f %%i in (c:\servers.txt) do netsh dhcp server \\%%i dump > c:\DHCPconfigs\%%i.txt It will export all configs from your DHCP servers to text file :) I'm sorry, I forgot about ">" sign which redirects output ;) Regards, Krzysztof
January 7th, 2011 4:15pm

Hello, netsh dhcp server { ServerName | IPAddress } scope ScopeID dump >[PathAndFileName] http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc787375(WS.10).aspx#BKMK_dump2Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 7th, 2011 7:11pm

Thank you ! I did not know about the DUMP option, but it appears to be just what I need.
January 10th, 2011 10:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics