ETL Fails

Hi

My ETL fails randomly 2-3 times a week.

It errors out in the first 15min with the following error

The component was unable to process the data. Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. 

The error above is then followed by a series of SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED for each component and finally comes to a stage of inactivity.

I am running this through a scheduled task that call a 32bit dtexec.

SSIS and SQL 2008R2 are on the same virtual machine.

I would appreciate any advise on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks

January 7th, 2014 2:30pm

Without having any knowlegde on what package is doing its hard to guess. Can you provide us with high level description of what package does and tasks it uses, particularly ePEX_SC_Structured_Act component?

Also what happens when you rerun after a failure? Does it run fine the second time?

Also it would be helpfulif you can post full error messages with error code numbers

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 7th, 2014 2:42pm

ETL at this stage is instructed to truncate existing staging table and import data from an external datasource.

ETL would run without error when ran after the it has presented this error. From both BIDS and schedules task.

It seldom fails on the same component. It fails on different component in the package on ramdom basis.

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED  has a error code 0xC02090F5

regards

January 7th, 2014 3:44pm

This is apparently an SSIS question,  please move this question to the SQL Server Integration Services forum.

In answer to your question, this error is almost always a result of a bad OLEDB/ODBC driver.  What is your "external data source"?  What driver is it using? What version of SQL Server are you using, please post the results of SELECT @@VERSION?

• Proposed as answer by Leo N Friday, January 10, 2014 6:47 AM
January 7th, 2014 4:33pm

Same has been discussed  here http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8789ea67-fbc5-4a7b-a4eb-d4a8a050d5c1/attempt-to-read-or-write-protected-memory-this-is-often-an-indicating-that-other-memory-is-corrupt

Also move this question to the SQL Server Integration Services forum as suggested by Tom.

January 7th, 2014 4:53pm

Hi Tom

Yes we do use a third party driver (Protechnic PHC Driver 32bit).

The result for select @@version is as below

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP2) - 10.50.4000.0 (X64)   Jun 28 2012 08:36:30   Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation  Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 <X64> (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) (Hypervisor)

The same driver are used in another environment and that seems to run ok. But I agree the drivers here could have gone bad. Is there a way to find out a bit more about this?

Thanks

January 10th, 2014 12:21pm

I would suggest you contact Protechnic and see if there is an updated driver.
January 10th, 2014 4:52pm

Hi Hailey1980,

As Tom suggested, you can contact Protechnic for the latest ODBC Driver (I notice you are using the ODBC provider from a previous thread of yours). If there is no update on the driver, I suggest that you reinstall the current driver, and recreate the ODBC DSN to see if it works.

Regards,

January 13th, 2014 2:28am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics