ESB Resolver service

Hi,

I am learning ESB and ESB itinerary, in my current project we are planing to use this.

As per discussion with my team , use of ESB Resolver service is that you don't have to publish your orchestration or schema as WCF service and there are other advantages as well of it.

We have design the applicaiton as Dotnet application  -> Biztalk -> iSeries.

We are thinking and planing all posible ways to design this application, and not sure that should we go with ESB or not as no one having that much experiance working on it.

If we are not using ESB we have to publish our Biztalk as service so Dotnet application can consume it and can send messages.

Can some one please point me at right direction so i can learn ESB by doing sample POC simple examples ???

April 28th, 2015 2:04am

Hi Nitin

The ESB resolver service lets you resolve(select) maps and endpoints dynamically at runtime. Based on your message content/context or the sender of the message you can select a map to apply dynamically at runtime. Also, the destination (URI) where this message needs to be routed to can be resolved dynamically at runtime. There are different kinds of resolvers that ship with ESB - eg: BRE, BRI, UDDI, static. If you are using the BRE resolver, which is perhaps the most common, you can write BRE rules that determine the map/endpoint during execution.

I don't quite agree with this statement -

"As per discussion with my team , use of ESB Resolver service is that you don't have to publish your orchestration or schema as WCF service and there are other advantages as well of it."

ESB does expose services to the outside world, just as we can publish orchestrations/schemas. But, the artifacts that enable this are on-ramps(WCF/asmx services) and not Resolvers.

Hope this makes sense :).

The best resource by far to get started on ESB is the training kit that was available for BTS 2010 -

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27151

Also, there are ESB SDK samples that should help you-

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee236708(v=bts.10).aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 28th, 2015 2:15am

Hi Nitin

The ESB resolver service lets you resolve(select) maps and endpoints dynamically at runtime. Based on your message content/context or the sender of the message you can select a map to apply dynamically at runtime. Also, the destination (URI) where this message needs to be routed to can be resolved dynamically at runtime. There are different kinds of resolvers that ship with ESB - eg: BRE, BRI, UDDI, static. If you are using the BRE resolver, which is perhaps the most common, you can write BRE rules that determine the map/endpoint during execution.

I don't quite agree with this statement -

"As per discussion with my team , use of ESB Resolver service is that you don't have to publish your orchestration or schema as WCF service and there are other advantages as well of it."

ESB does expose services to the outside world, just as we can publish orchestrations/schemas. But, the artifacts that enable this are on-ramps(WCF/asmx services) and not Resolvers.

Hope this makes sense :).

The best resource by far to get started on ESB is the training kit that was available for BTS 2010 -

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27151

Also, there are ESB SDK samples that should help you-

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee236708(v=bts.10).aspx

April 28th, 2015 6:12am

First you have to analyze the integration points that you need to integrate with and a high level expectation for future integration to decide to use ESB Tool kit or not.

using ESB Toolkit will be ideal for services integration or when integrating with multiple trading partners outside the organization that needs to change a lot of times which makes your solution much agile and more dynamic. 

In BizTalk without ESB Tool kit you can have a dynamic mapping solution and a dynamic uri.

The limitation that to have a dynamic adapter which can not be implemented without ESB Toolkit.

If you expect to have integration with multiple trading partners that exposing these integration points as services and these trading partners will be increased in future then yes using ESB Toolkit will be a good solution 

else using ESB Toolkit will be over design.

Another important place to find a huge amount of ESB Toolkit related articles 

BizTalk Server: ESB Survival Guide

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 28th, 2015 8:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics