ERROR in upgrading windows server 2000 to windows server 2003
Hi All, We are upgrading windows server 2000 to windows server 2003. While upgrading at 25 min the set ups is giving error setup cannont copy the file cmprops.dll I have checked the file is present in $win_nt$.~ls\i386 The image is in shred drive there is no CD error. If I cancel this then up 18 min the setup is asking to cancel more than 50 files. If I cancel all these still the windows SP1 is working fine but I am unable to upgrade to SP2. Any solutionsRajesh J S
December 13th, 2009 10:39pm

This article may sort it."Setup Cannot Copy the File <FileName>" Error Messages Occur When You Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows Server 2003http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818464Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 14th, 2009 12:44am

Sorry,I gorgot to mention "Setup Cannot Copy the File <FileName>" Error Messages Occur When You Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows Server 2003http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818464The above alredy has been fallowed, but no help....RegardsRajesh J S
December 14th, 2009 12:48am

Have you looked in %Windir%\Security\Scesetup.logIs this Windows 2000 still at SP1? Also what's in the system event log?Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
December 14th, 2009 12:54am

No Dave...Now its windows 2003 SP1 but i cant install SP2...i wanna root acuse for this error....there is no log......Rajesh J S
December 14th, 2009 3:05am

Ok, so the upgrade is complete. What happens when you try? What errors do you findin in %systemroot%\svcpack.log ?Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
December 14th, 2009 3:09am

Nothingeven nothing in event viewr also....but why that error is comming while upgradation......I have done 17 Upgradation, but this is the one which is causing the issue....RegardsRajesh J S
December 14th, 2009 3:31am

What error do you get when you start the service pack installation?Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
December 14th, 2009 3:44am

the setup will start with out error....when its compltes 60% it gives....setup cant install SP2. please click ok to roll back.....Sorry Dave...But my primary dought is why its giving the setup cannont copy the file cmprops.dll error at upgradeand after skiping 50 -60 files, windows is fine....why that error is occring....RegardsRajesh J S
December 14th, 2009 3:49am

Have you looked for ERRORin %Windir%\Security\Scesetup.log ?Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
December 14th, 2009 4:08am

only warings that system cannot find file specified and all the dll names....and finallyError 1208: An extended error has occurred. Error opening %Windir%\Security\Database\secedit.sdb. but i have fallowed KB as stated in above but dint helped...RegardsRajesh J S
December 14th, 2009 4:33am

It sounds like that confirms that the security database, Secedit.sdb, is damaged. If the steps in Article ID: 818464 did not help then I think you're going to need to start a support case.https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=3198&st=1Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
December 14th, 2009 4:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics