ERROR 23848 - Live migration hyper-v 2012 R2 - SCVMM 2012 R2

Hi Ramy,

I assume from this, the VM is protected in ASR. If that's the case, open the properties of the SCVMM cloud where the VM you are trying to migrate resides and check that the host you are trying to migrate to is an available resource. If not the VM that your migrating would be moved to a location that would no longer be protected by ASR which maybe why you see the error you do.

Kind Regards Michael

January 29th, 2015 1:26pm

Hi Ramy,

I assume from this, the VM is protected in ASR. If that's the case, open the properties of the SCVMM cloud where the VM you are trying to migrate resides and check that the host you are trying to migrate to is an available resource. If not the VM that your migrating would be moved to a location that would no longer be protected by ASR which maybe why you see the error you do.

Kind Regards Michael

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now

Hi Ramy,

Kind Regards Michael

Hi Ramy,

Kind Regards Michael

Hi Ramy,

Kind Regards Michael

Hi Ramy,

Kind Regards Michael

Hi Ramy,

Kind Regards Michael

Hi Ramy,

Kind Regards Michael

Hi Ramy,

Kind Regards Michael

Hi Ramy,

Kind Regards Michael

Hi Ramy,

Kind Regards Michael

Hi Ramy,

Kind Regards Michael

Are you migrating to another node in the same cluster or moving to a different cluster/standalone machine?

Have the Azure agents been installed on any of the Hyper-V hosts?

January 29th, 2015 2:00pm

Are you migrating to another node in the same cluster or moving to a different cluster/standalone machine?

Hi ,

when i migrate a vm using live migration of SCVMM 2012 R2 I received this alert.

Error (23848)
The virtual machine xxxx  which requires Microsoft Azure Site Recovery protection is going to be moved using type "Live". This could break the recovery protection status of the virtual machine.

Recommended Action
Make sure the virtual machine is going to be moved using the correct type which can keep the recovery protection status.

January 29th, 2015 3:52pm

Hi Ramy,

Kind Regards Michael

January 29th, 2015 4:26pm

Hi Ramy,

Kind Regards Michael

January 29th, 2015 4:26pm

Hi Michael,

I don't configure the VM is protection in ASR

or how to un-configure this option .

January 29th, 2015 4:39pm

Have the Azure agents been installed on the SCVMM server?

If they have, you can slect the VM and there should be a 'Manage Protection' button on the top ribbon which you can then click. Alternately you can right click on the VM and select settings , then locate the setting there.

January 29th, 2015 4:44pm

The azure site Recovery agent is not installed 

January 29th, 2015 4:53pm

January 29th, 2015 5:00pm

January 29th, 2015 5:00pm

migrating to another node in the same cluster ,

How to know the Azure agents been installed on any of the Hyper-V hosts or not ?

January 29th, 2015 5:09pm

If you have the GUI on the hosts, look in Add and Remove Programs you will see Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent in the list of installed programs or C:\Program Files\Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent
January 29th, 2015 5:19pm

it is not found on add/remove program

and this folder not found "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent

"

January 29th, 2015 5:23pm

Can you check again on the SCVMM server for the Microsoft Azure Site Recovery Provider in the same way as above. I may be wrong if someone else can pick me up, but i didn't think the Manage Protection tab appeared in SCVMM without the provider installed.
January 29th, 2015 5:36pm

I would like to add that we have the same problem. There is no Azure site recovery enabled or agents installed but for some reason SCVMM seems to think that the standard Hyper-V replication is Azure protection. My problem is I'm trying to use availability sets to keep VM's on separate hosts in the cluster and it flat out doesn't work because SCVMM think's it can't live migrate these VM's.
March 17th, 2015 9:12am

We have the same problem. When I live migrate a VM with SCVMM 2012 R2 we receive the following error:

Error (23848)
The virtual machine xx  which requires Microsoft Azure Site Recovery protection is going to be moved using type "Live". This could break the recovery protection status of the virtual machine.

We use Hyper-V Replica without Azure protection.

How can I solve this Problem ?

May 8th, 2015 4:31am

Hi Chris, could you please add a screenshot where you are seeing this?

Also kindly refer to the below thread for an answer on similar issue.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/29163570-22a6-4da4-b309-21878aeb8ff8/hyperv-live-migration-compatibility-with-hyperv-replicahyperv-recovery-manager?forum=hypervrecovmgr

Thank you,

Ruturaj

May 13th, 2015 2:34am

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/29163570-22a6-4da4-b309-21878aeb8ff8/hyperv-live-migration-compatibility-with-hyperv-replicahyperv-recovery-manager?forum=hypervrecovmgr

Thank you,

Ruturaj

May 13th, 2015 6:32am

Thank you,

Ruturaj

Thank you,

Ruturaj

Thank you,

Ruturaj

Thank you,

Ruturaj

Thank you,

Ruturaj

Thank you,

Ruturaj

Thank you,

Ruturaj

Thank you,

Ruturaj

This error occurs after live migration of an Hyper-V Replica protected VM  (not Azure protection).

June 30th, 2015 6:38am

if I put one cluster-node into maintenance mode I will receive the same error:

July 7th, 2015 8:14am

Same error occurs when I try to live migrate a Hyper-V Replica protected VM  (not Azure protection).
No Rating available for Live Migration to another Node within the same Cluster.

I know there are already a lot of threads out there about this topic. But still NO solution available.
>> IT'S FRUSTRATING <<

July 7th, 2015 8:31am

Hi Chris,

A bunch of migration related issues for ASR protected VMs are fixed in SCVMM UR7 (link below). Can you verify that your issue is fixed with this update?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3066340

Thanks,

Sujay

July 31st, 2015 3:19am

Hi Chris,

A bunch of migration related issues for ASR protected VMs are fixed in SCVMM UR7 (link below). Can you verify that your issue is fixed with this update?

Thanks,

Sujay

July 31st, 2015 3:22am

Hi Chris,

Thanks,

Sujay

July 31st, 2015 7:17am

Hi Chris,

Thanks,

Sujay

Hi Chris,

Thanks,

Sujay

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics