EDI Message Without AS2 Header

I am working currently EDI Solution over AS2.

As per requirement, Client Send us to EDI 850 message and we need to receive at our end.

I have implemented complete example of Microsoft AS2 Tutorial (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb245935.aspx) in my server for receiving 850 Example and sending url to client.

My Example works with AS2 Header for Fabrikam and Contoso example but

Sudden I found Client doesnt sent AS2 Header In EDI 850 message and they are directly start from ISA as below

ISA*00*0         *00*0         *ZZ*SenderID       *ZZ*ReceiverID     *140228*1614*U*00401*000000001*0*T*^~

GS*PO*GSSender*GSReceiver*20140228*1614*1*X*004010~

ST*850*0001~

.Others Segments..

SE*36*0001~

GE*1*1~

IEA*1*000000001~

When I am trying to above EDI 850 using AS2EdiReceive pipeline I am getting error 

The AS2 Decoder encountered an exception during processing.  Details of the message and exception are as follows:  AS2-From:"" AS2-To:"" MessageID:"" MessageType: "unknown" Exception:"An AS2 message was received that did not contain the AS2-From header."

My main concern is It is compulsory to send AS2 Header detail in EDI message for receiving message ? 

Is there any setting where we can receiving EDI file without As2 Header ?

<o:p>Thanks in Advance.</o:p>

• Edited by Sanjay k Suthar Friday, June 19, 2015 12:02 PM better understanding
June 19th, 2015 11:35am

Hi,

The cause of this issue is one of the following:
The received MDN did not have the AS2-From header.
There was a configuration issue on the machine sending the MDN.
A static one-way HTTP send port was used to send the MDN. The MDN send port had a pass-through pipeline, therefore, it was not promoting the AS2-From and AS2-To headers.

RESOLUTION

Solution: 1.  On the MDN send port, use an AS2Send pipeline. The AS2Send creates AS2 Message headers from the context properties of the message.

Solution 2.  Use a dynamic send port to send the MDN back. This is because the messages may be coming from different partners and the MDN needs to go to a different destination URL. The dynamic HTTP send port populates the destination URL from the received AS2 message. The filter needed on the dynamic send port is EdiIntAS.IsAS2AsynchronousMdn==True

Reference : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/2745.common-edi-errors.aspx#ddd

Thanks

Abhishek

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 19th, 2015 12:07pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics