ECMA 2.2 Configuration Bug?

There seems to be a reproducible bug in the ECMA 2.2 for trying to add Password Management after creating the MA without one. The Password Management settings on the "Configure Extensions" screen do not show even after "Refresh Interface".

Sync Engine Build v4.1.3599.0

I created an ECMA 2.2 without support for Password Management. I put the Capabilities "SupportPassword" as false, and did not include the IMAExtensible2Password Interface. During the creation of the ECMA, I noticed the "Configure Extensions" screen does not include any information about Password Management.

Now I would like to implement password sync in this ECMA, so I added the capabilities "SupportPassword" = true, and added in the IMAEXtensible2Password Interface with the proper code. When refreshing the interface in Sync Engine it shows that the MA supports Password Management, but the dialog screens never appear. The only way for them to show is for me to delete and re-create the management agent (not even a Export/Import/Update will work)

February 18th, 2015 8:32am

Prior to reporting this as a bug, please check FIM patch that was published after v4.1.3599.0:

http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/3011057

If it would be still there after applying a patch, the best way to report it to product group would be:

https://connect.microsoft.com/site433

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 19th, 2015 6:37am

Paul,

Several months ago we experienced the same problem.  After several hours of troubleshooting and debugging we found that the capabilities interfaces was never called on a refresh.  It was only called during initial creation of the management agent.  The only solution we found was to create a new management agent. Not sure if this is considered a bug or a feature.

Note: This troubleshooting was done about 6 months ago (running the latest FIM bits at that time). Recent updates may have resolved this issue.

-Jason  

March 5th, 2015 12:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics