Dynamic Images in SSRS.

Hi ,

i have a tricky one here.

In my database in a field called imagelink i have the full image link and name of an image ( https: / / myserver/img/image.png ).

I want this image to be placed in the report .

I have try until now many ways , but none is working.

I set the image to external and get the field value as.... =First(Fields!imagelink.Value, "DataSet1") not work .

I used the same expression for the hover box and it works perfect, it returns me the value of the field.

I used the link it self  https: / / myserver/img/image.png in the "Use this image:" box and it works fine . so its not a permissions problem.

Any Ideas ??

Thank you.

November 5th, 2014 3:07am

Are you just testing this in BIDS? I think it should work anyway but - try deploy the report to the report server and then see if it works.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 5th, 2014 3:21am

Sorry whats the purpose of First() in expression?

It will work well only if your dataset returns single link. In case there are multiple, it will only give you first value always!

November 5th, 2014 3:38am

That could be the problem! To make sure the image control is receiving the link you think it is, try put a textbox there with the same expression in it and see what renders on the report.
November 5th, 2014 3:55am

I tested in Report Builder and through CRM , but no luck
November 5th, 2014 4:01am

I tested it and with out First 

Though First is automatically inserted when you choose the field from Report Builder Expression Constructor.

November 5th, 2014 4:03am

I did this too .

I made a box in report and throw the Value in that box 

Is working , the value of the box takes the entire link and image name as i have it in the database.

November 5th, 2014 4:04am

Is the image in a header by any chance?  

It is inserting First because the report item is outside of the dataset scope, that is normal behaviour. 

Did you try my suggestion with the textbox?

November 5th, 2014 4:05am

Really is a tricky one! Can you try to paste the link into something like notepad++ and turn on markup? maybe there are some weird characters in the link?

And a long shot - but try wrapping the expression in trim() in case there are leading or trailing spaces screwing it up?

November 5th, 2014 4:09am

Can you copy link it generates and paste it on a browser and see if you can see the image?
November 5th, 2014 4:13am

Yes i did that .

the link comes perfect 

a copied in to the address bar as it is and the image is showing

November 5th, 2014 4:26am

Yes i did try the textbox 

the link comes clear and nice

November 5th, 2014 4:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics