Dynamic Group question

In our previous SCOM 2007 Management Group, we have a series of dynamically populated groups which contain all objects containing certain displaynames.  The formula for the group is this:

(Object is Entity AND (Display Name Contains albdmc) OR (Display Name Contains albfil) OR (Display Name Contains albapp) OR (Display Name Contains ALBDMC) OR (Display Name Contains ALBFIL) OR (Display Name Contains ALBAPP))

I'm attempting to create a group in our new SCOM 2012 Management Group which performs the same, and I find that there is no corresponding Class for Entity in the Query Builder.  I could try to create a group which is composed of conditions for each particular class of object that's returned in a search for all objects containing those display names, but that would be much more time intensive.  Is there a simpler way to do this?  Thank you!

• Edited by MattWinb Tuesday, February 25, 2014 9:41 PM
February 26th, 2014 12:40am

Creating a group based on Entity probably isn't a good idea, in my opinion. I would get a little closer to the types of objects that you need to include in the group, like Windows Computer or something.

What do you expect to have in this group? Entity will grab every object in the management group that matches your expression...

Here is a resource for creating groups in VSAE, if you are comfortable with that.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 26th, 2014 8:27am

You may try

(Object is Object AND ((Display Name Contains albdmc) OR (Display Name Contains albfil) OR (Display Name Contains albapp) OR (Display Name Contains ALBDMC) OR (Display Name Contains ALBFIL) OR (Display Name Contains ALBAPP))

Roger

February 26th, 2014 9:26am

JFYI Matt:

The Entity class is the root of the class library in Operations Manager 2007. The Entity class is the same class as Object. It has been renamed in Operations Manager 2012.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh457568.aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 26th, 2014 7:40pm

Sorry for the delay, thanks all!  I had an issue with populating the group via Object, but I think that I'm just going to use the search feature to look for the objects that I need in the criteria of the subscription, and not work from the group.  It seems easier that way.
March 4th, 2014 10:25am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics