Dynamic Group Creation From CMDB

Hello,

I'm attempting to expand on an existing solution (that is working) to populate groups based on a CMDB query (http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2009/01/27/populating-groups-from-a-sql-server-cmdb-step-by-step.aspx?pi10475=2).  I have this working for Windows Computer objects as described in Kevin Holman's post.  I'm trying to expand it to also include non-Windows objects from the Microsoft.Unix.Library MP.  So Windows and Linux objects would both dynamically populate in the group(s).

With the added code, the MP imports fine, however the Linux objects are not populating as well.

Here is a snippet of the vbscript I'm using in the MP.  Besides adding in the extra logic in the discovery script, are there any other changes that would need to be made to include the Linux/Unix objects?

Thank you!

#######################################################

If Instr(oRS.Fields("OS"),"Linux") <> 0 Then
                Set serverInstance = oDiscoveryData.CreateClassInstance("$MPElement[Name='Unix!Microsoft.Unix.Computer']$")
                serverInstance.AddProperty "$MPElement[Name='Unix!Microsoft.Unix.Computer']/PrincipalName$",oRS2.Fields("Path")
                Set relationshipInstance = oDiscoveryData.CreateRelationshipInstance("$MPElement[Name='GroupPopulation.MattiviTest1GroupContainsWindowsComputers']$")
                relationshipInstance.Source = groupInstance
                relationshipInstance.Target = serverInstance
                oDiscoveryData.AddInstance relationshipInstance
            Else
                Set serverInstance = oDiscoveryData.CreateClassInstance("$MPElement[Name='Windows!Microsoft.Windows.Computer']$")
                serverInstance.AddProperty "$MPElement[Name='Windows!Microsoft.Windows.Computer']/PrincipalName$",oRS2.Fields("Path")
                Set relationshipInstance = oDiscoveryData.CreateRelationshipInstance("$MPElement[Name='GroupPopulation.MattiviTest1GroupContainsWindowsComputers']$")
                relationshipInstance.Source = groupInstance
                relationshipInstance.Target = serverInstance
                oDiscoveryData.AddInstance relationshipInstance
            End If

#############################################################

August 20th, 2015 2:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics