During the report rendering getting OutOfMemoryException error

I have designed report with 25 columns in SSRS 2012. Basically tryning to show the credit card transaction data in the report

When I try to run the reports for few days which was producing the result around 1.8 lakhs rows, tried to render the same report for whole month encountered with the below error;

Error Description:
----------------------------------------------------------

An error occurred during local report processing.

An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing.
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

----------------------------------------------------------

Below is my server config;

Server Inter(R) Xeon(R) CPU X567 @ 307Ghz(2 Processor)
RAM - 128 GB
OS - 64 Bit Windows Server 2008 R2
Virutal Memory 75776 MB cross two drives

In SQL Server 2012 the memory is configured as below

Minimum Server Memory - 0 MB

Minimum Server Memory - 102400 MB

Please provide the solutions to fix the issue;

February 9th, 2015 5:35am

A few areas to investigate further on your end:

• Surmise if there is overall memory pressure from the concurrent services (SSRS / SQL Server Engine / anything else that is non-trivial).  Since everything is collocated on the same server, the isolation of the root cause may be more difficult.  So I would recommend looking for overall pressure both for the engine and SSRS.  This implies standard SQL Server engine memory pressure monitoring techniques and troubleshooting.
    • For SQL Server engine memory troubleshooting, it is a large subject, but I recommend the following (and plenty else out there on the subject too):
  • From an SSRS perspective, CSS SQL Escalation Services engineer Adam Saxton recently wrote a post on troubleshooting Memory Issues with Reporting Services (and another link to Books Online on the subject as well that he points to):

Now if none of this is something you have bandwidth (or interest) to do another option is to experiment with cutting down on the result set size (row count and/or number of columns surfaced) and consider breaking it into parts for separate processing.  Doesnt solve the problem but might be a temporary workaround in a pinch.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 9th, 2015 4:33pm

Hi Pazhani,

According to my understanding that you have an report which have 1.8 lakhs rows, when run it throw out the error, right?

Is the 1.8 lakhs rows means 18000 rows? if so, the issue occurs because the computer does not have sufficient memory to complete the requested operation.

This situation will occur when one or more of the following conditions are true :

•  A report is too large or too complex .
  • The overhead of the other running processes is very high .
  • The physical memory of the computer is too small .

We can reduce memory consumption by redesigning the report queries in the following ways:

• Return less data in the report queries.(you can add an parameter and add filter)
  • Use a better restriction on the WHERE clause of the report queries.
  • Move complex aggregations to the data source.
  • Add sufficient physical memory to the computer
  • Adjust the MemoryLimit setting accordingly

Did you got the error message when preview in designer or in report Manager? if in designer, please try yo run in report manager to see if you will got the same error.

For more information about System.OutOfMemoryException and Configuring Available Memory for Report Server Applications, please refer to the articles below:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909678/EN-US
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159206.aspx

If you still have any problem, please feel free to ask.

Regards
Vic

February 10th, 2015 3:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics