Duplicate Certificate Template doesnt appear on CertSrv Web Page
I have created a duplicate of the Computer Template from my CA and given the necessary permissions for Authenticated Users and Domain admins over the template. However when I navigate to our CERTSRV web page and authenticate as a Domain Admin, the new certificate template doesnt appear. Anyone got any ideas what I can do to resolve this problem.
April 27th, 2011 8:18am

a) if you have 2008 CA and you duplicated to Windows 2008 (version 3) certificate template, the newest version is not visible through the web enrollment at all b) you need to update the certificate template cache on the web server. try restarting the server ondrej.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 27th, 2011 9:02am

Computer certificate templates no longer appear on the CertSrv Web page unless you configure the certificate template to include the subject information in the request. If you just duplicated the Computer certificate template, it is building the subject information from AD Since you or a user are logged in, you cannot build computer subject information Brian
April 27th, 2011 11:28am

I found the problem, I forgot to publish the certificate template through the certificate authority console, d'oh. i.e Right Click certificate templates > New > Certifcate Template to Issue
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 27th, 2011 12:30pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics