Duplex Printing Rules on Windows Server 2008R2

This is probably a very simple thing to do but i need some help.

I have recently set all of our MFPs to duplex print as default. This has caused a bit of a stir with some departments and I am now looking for a way to exempt certain individuals from being made to print duplex as default.

I know this can be done manually on the local machine print properties but I want to know if there is a way to set up rules/permission groups server side to drop peoples AD account into and these users will be able to carry on printing single page.

Thanks in advance for your help.

September 2nd, 2015 7:09am

Hi

Thanks for the post. According to my experience the printer settings is up to the configrations you set on the printer driver.

Please consider the sceniao below:

If you have a printer installed on the printer server with the printerqueue name Printer001 , and you set the duplex printing as default.

You could try to create a new printerqueue Printer001_SinglePrint on the printer server with the same IP address as Printer001. On the new printerqueue Printer001_SinglePrint you can configure the single print as default and add the users who just want the single printing and remove everyone print permission.

You can ask those users who just want the single printing to connect the new printerqueue when they need to print.

Please have a test if above suggestion works for you.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 3rd, 2015 3:05am

Good suggestion Elaine.

You can setup a domain security group to apply to the Single printer security rather than adding individual user accounts.

September 3rd, 2015 2:45pm

Thanks Elaine, I may very well have to go down this route
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 4th, 2015 4:09pm

Hi,

You are welcome and I'm glad I could helped.

Best Regards,

Elaine

September 6th, 2015 9:27pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics