Drivers for windows server 2003
Hi, I am using windows server 2003 SP2. my hardware is dell optiplex 760. i do not have audio driver for my system. i got network and other driver that was for windows vista but also compatible with my system. but, it is not a case with the audio driver.i called to dell support group also they are saying they do not have any audio driver for windows server 2003 os. can anyone help me?thanks,gaurav
October 30th, 2009 10:26am

Hi, Did you try Audio Driver for Windows XP?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 30th, 2009 11:40am

Thanks so much. It is working fine. Gaurav.
October 30th, 2009 12:18pm

Hi Gaurav, Thank you for posting in windows server forum, microsoft provide custom drivers for different devices attached to the motherboard, but when you are using custom devices you need to keep the following into consideration a) Please read the manual for supporting operating system , if your OS is not listed then you should not opt for the device and that would be the reason for DELL to not be able to provide you the supportb) if you think windows xp and windows 2003 shares same drivers , you are in wrong assumption , this depends on manufacturer, the driver calls used for windows XP and windows 2003 are different but some might be same. if you want in detail , the hardware ID used for the driver might be different. So if the driver is not supported i dont think you can do much about it.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 30th, 2009 12:33pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics