Drive D: is not accessible. Access is denied.
I logon with my administrator account to a Windows Server 2008 and go to Windows Explorer. When I click drive D: I get a message telling me that it is not accessible and that access is denied. I have tried to take ownership of drive D: but I still get the message. All of this started when I uninstalled and reinstalled FrontPage Extensions for Windows Server 2008 and then tried to extend one web site that resides in drive D:. Nevertheless, my web site is accessible through an Internet browser and I can do DB operations with my web application. Any help will be very much appreciated. Respectfully, Jorge Maldonado Best regards, JORGE MALDONADO
February 11th, 2011 12:23pm

Have you tried taking ownership from elevated command prompt? Is drive d visible in diskmgmt.msc? With kind regards Krystian Zieja http://www.projectnenvision.com Follow me on twitter My Blog
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 11th, 2011 1:14pm

I have not tried taking ownership from command prompt. Would you instruct me how to do it for drive D? Yes, drive D: is visible in diskmgmt.msc and Healthy. Regards, Jorge MaldonadoBest regards, JORGE MALDONADO
February 11th, 2011 2:59pm

What's the current permission setting on Drive D? You can run "CACLS D:" in command prompt to get the result. Owner of a root drive should by SYSTEM account. Whether (local) Administrators group have full control permission on Drive D?Shaon Shan |TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 16th, 2011 9:45pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics