Doubts in File System deployment

Hi All,

I have a doubt in file system deployment in ssis. I read msdn articles like "MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml" will decide the default folder for ssis packages those are deployed to "File System"

I have installed SQL server 2012 of 64 bit in my system. My "MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml" file was reside in the path"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Binn". This means when we try to deploy my packages to File System default path should come like "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Packages\". 

But in my case path was coming like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Packages\" even though my "MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml" reside in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Binn\". 

Attached image was the proof for the same. 

Due to this i can't able to see my packages in SSMS when i connected to integration services. Please let me know how can we fix this issue..

Thanks in Adva

September 9th, 2015 6:53pm

Hi Satish,

The data engine is 64 Bit, but all the tooling around, including SSMS is 32 Bit only thus the path is C:\Program Files (x86)\

Which is by design.

Furthermore, nobody would deploy to the default directory, yet the File System Deployment is very flexible to allow the packages to reside anywhere within the local file system.

To be able to "see" the package in SSMS one needs to import it into the File System folder 1st.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 5:55pm

Thanks Arthur for your reply..
September 11th, 2015 3:15pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics