Double Scroll bar in a SSRS report viewer - Report Builder 12.0

This detailed report seems to render in Report Builder 12.0 IDE ok and Chrome browser but not in I.E. without having a double set of scroll bars. I tried fiddling with page size, interactive size, margins, zoom level and the body has no white space however nothing I have tried has an effect. Can you suggest something else for me to try? Problem with Chrome is the browser's Back button does not reload the report when I have configured a textbox's Action field to open another report as it does with I.E. I do not have any other browser installed so I am stuck with the worst of 2 evils which is to use I.E. Perhaps the solution is link to another report using a URL (JavaScript) to open in another Tab and use Chrome however I would like to know if there is a solution.

In other similar posts it talks about setting SizeToReportContent to True and AsynchRendering to False so do I need to find the rdl file on the server and add these settings in or is there someway of doing in the Report Builder IDE?
September 7th, 2015 9:10pm

Hi,

Set the properties 

SizeToReportContent to True and  AsynchRendering to False.

These properties are available for the report viewer web control.  You can create one by opening up the VS toolbox and choosing ReportViewer and dragging it onto your web form application (in design mode).  When the report viewer is selected, you can access and modify its properties in the VS properties pane -- you'll see AsyncRendering, SizeToReportContent, etc.

If that also does not work

try this

Make the report viewer size very small. try 200 x 200.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 7th, 2015 9:46pm

I design and run reports thru Report Builder 12.0 and not Visual Studio, I do not have this installed on my computer. I have access to the SSRS site set up where I download the rdl files and click on the Edit in Report Builder menu item and the report eventually opens automatically and is cached. Is there an equivalent way of setting these properties as you call them via the Report Builder IDE?

September 7th, 2015 10:59pm

Hi GryPTonite, 

According to your description, when using ReportViewer control to display the report, you get double scrolls, right? 

In your scenario, there are two vertical scrolls. Inside one is used in ReportViewer control, and the other one is used in IE browser. Since the ReportViewer control size is bigger than IE browser, the outside scroll will be enabled. And if the report body size is bigger than ReportViewer control, the inside scroll will be enabled. For your requirement, you can set the SizeToReportContent  property to true. Please refer to the following steps: 

1. Select the ReportViewser control and press F4 to go to the Properties window. 
  2. Set the properties as below: 

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask. 

Regards,
Shrek Li

September 7th, 2015 11:01pm

I do not use Visual Studio, I do not have it installed can you provide a solution that works in the Report Builder IDE not VS IDE. Report Builder does not have the same settings/controls as VS. It just has a body and you drop a tablix onto the canvas no such thing as a ReportViewer Control which you would have in I am assuming if you are building a website.
September 7th, 2015 11:13pm

Hi, 

If your report is .rdl file, this file has no SizeToReportContent  and AsynchRendering properties. These properties are only in .rdlc file. Please check if the IE browser "Zoom" is 100%. 

Regards,
Shrek Li

September 7th, 2015 11:13pm

Sorry I am dumb my setting was 115% I remember changing that a month or so go, cheers.

September 8th, 2015 12:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics