Domain alias name
Hi, Can i change domain name for users in AD ? i mean i have abc.com and i want Domain users see only xyz.com on own Desktop. Regards, Deepak Srivastava
June 8th, 2010 8:22am

Hello, if you like to change the NetBios name, which is shown in the "logon to" option you have to run domain rename process. So if this is only for optical reason this step i would not do.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 8th, 2010 10:55am

Hi Deepak, If you mean "not change current domain name but change the display name on client side", I think it is not available.
June 9th, 2010 10:29am

Notice: On July 1st we will be making Windows Server 2008 R2 General forum read only. After receiving a lot of feedback from the community, it was decided that this forum is a duplication and therefore redundant of the General Forum. So, until July 1st, we will start asking customers to redirect their questions to the General Forum. On June 11th, CSS engineers will move any new threads to the General Forum. Please post a reply to the announcement thread if you have any feedback on this decision or the process. You can also email WSSDComm@microsoft.com.Shaon Shan TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 29th, 2010 6:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics