Domain admin password expiry causing repadmin and dcdiag errors?

Hi,

I recently had a domain admin account password expiry. However, when I looked at the two servers, I would get dcdiag and repadmin errors.

Surely a domain admin password expiry can't/shouldn't cause this issue?

Thanks

July 9th, 2013 4:26pm

Please post dcdiag /q and repadmin /replsum result.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 9th, 2013 6:07pm

Hi,

Thanks for your posting.

We need more error messages. Please post the result as Abhijit mentioned.

Regards.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

July 10th, 2013 2:51am

Hi,

Any updates?

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

July 12th, 2013 9:53pm

Yes it can cause warning and error event log messages, if the account was/is logged on to DC(s) and those messages from the event log are somtimes logged by dcdiag.

Dose dcdiag show's error messages even if you run with /skip:systemlog and /skip:kccevent

As others has mentioned we need the output to give a better answer.
July 12th, 2013 11:26pm

Hello,

you talk about a member of the domain admins security group or the "Administrator" account itself?

Please UPLOAD the following files:

ipconfig /all >c:\ipconfig.log [from each DC/DNS Server]
dcdiag /v /c /d /e /s:dcname >c:\dcdiag.log
repadmin /showrepl dc* /verbose /all /intersite >c:\repl.log  ["dc* is a place holder for the starting name of the DCs if they all begin the same (if more then one DC exists)]
dnslint /ad /s "DCipaddress" (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321045)
ADREPLSTATUS http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30005 can also be exported to file.

As the output will become large, DON'T post them into the thread, please use Windows Sky Drive (skydrive.live.com) [with open access!] and add the link from it here. Also the /e in dcdiag scans the complete forest, so better run it on COB.

July 13th, 2013 9:25am

Agree with Meinolf, I assume that you are not referring to service account and Built-in Administrator account. Y ou are talking about your account which password got expired. If this is correct it was not the reason for replication errors. As others mentioned please provide DCDiag /v /c /e and repadmin /replsum so that we can assist you better.
July 13th, 2013 1:40pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics