Domain User permission
Dear all, I have installed successfully of Windows 2008 server it's working fine with ADS , DNS GPO. Now i want to install some printer and some software for only some users. so i need minimum permission . i would like to create one user in domain like Test i am going to give permission for software install and new printer install . so i want your guide which permission can i assign to Test user. our client XP and windows 2003 Regards Subash
February 24th, 2011 1:01am

Hello, most software requires local administrator permissions to install it. So better install software with GPOs instead. Printer installation shouldn't be a problem for domain users. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 24th, 2011 1:08am

Hi Subash, You will grant the user with Modify and Create permission on the target server. ScorprioTechNet Software Assurance Managed Newsgroup MCTS: Windows Vista | Exchange Server 2007 MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician | Server & Enterprise Admin | System Architect
February 24th, 2011 1:16am

Sorry boss, I couldn't understand pls explain .
February 24th, 2011 3:23am

When i install new printer it's asking username and password how can i solve it.
February 24th, 2011 3:25am

When i install new printer it's asking username and password how can i solve it. Hi, What is the user that you logon the server when you want to install printer? ScorprioTechNet Software Assurance Managed Newsgroup MCTS: Windows Vista | Exchange Server 2007 MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician | Server & Enterprise Admin | System Architect
February 24th, 2011 3:42am

boss like domain user i had assigned only domain user permission.
February 24th, 2011 3:54am

boss like domain user i had assigned only domain user permission. Ok. If you want to install printer on the serve or client machine, you will have to make sure you have administrator's credential to logon it. Thus, I would like to suggest you logon it with Domain Admin which has local administration permission on the server or computer. Hope it helps. ScorprioTechNet Software Assurance Managed Newsgroup MCTS: Windows Vista | Exchange Server 2007 MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician | Server & Enterprise Admin | System Architect
February 24th, 2011 4:18am

When i install new printer it's asking username and password how can i solve it. Hello, do NOT let users work on a domain controller, this requires administator permission for all tasks and that way your users can modify the AD which you not really will allow them?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
February 24th, 2011 2:24pm

Hi, To install software and printer driver, you need to add the domain users to Domain Admins or Local Administrators groups. But it is not recommended. Group Policy is the best option for you as “Meinolf Weber” mentioned. For the detailed information, please refer to the following articles: How to use Group Policy to remotely install software in Windows Server 2003 and in Windows Server 2008 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816102 Deploying Printers by Using Group Policy http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754699.aspx In addition, you may also consider to use Group Policy Preference to deploy printers. Please read the following article for the detailed steps. The One Reason You Should Use Group Policy Preferences http://www.msserveradmin.com/the-one-reason-you-should-use-group-policy-preferences/ To do so, please also install Group Policy client-side extensions to your clients. For more information, please also refer to the following article: Information about new Group Policy preferences in Windows Server 2008 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943729 Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 24th, 2011 11:58pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics