Domain Migration altered SA or domain admin access to dBs

we recently migrated from our in-house domain to the Enterprise domain. Everything went smooth except for the fact that I can no longer accept my dBs using my SA or my domain admin account. There is only 1 account I can get into the management studio with but it has no admin privileges, so I can't make any  password changes or add accounts. I don't have a test environment so I kind of hesitant to experiment with our production system. I am not a SQL guru so, if there is a way to fix this problem, I would greatly appreciate any assistance offered.

Thank you,

June 19th, 2015 8:45am

You can regain a sysadmin access as using a Windows administrator:

Batch File to Grant Local Administrators a Sysadmin Login in SQL Server

David

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 19th, 2015 9:34am

I had tried logging in with the local admin account but wasn't able to access the dB. Are you saying running this script will be different and should resolve my issue? thanks.
June 19th, 2015 11:04am

>Are you saying running this script will be different and should resolve my issue?

Yes.  A local admin can start the instance in single-user mode.  And in single-user mode any local admin can connect as a sysadmin.  You can then add other users as sysadmin and restart the instance in multi-user mode. 

That's what the script does.

David

June 19th, 2015 11:09am

Thanks David for responding and offering this solution. I will give it a try.
June 19th, 2015 11:15am

See the Books Online topic Connect to SQL Server When System Administrators Are Locked Out https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/dd207004.aspx
June 19th, 2015 12:35pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics