Domain Computer not located within Public Key Services
I am trying to get Wireless AP's to authenticate to AD using PEAP/MS-CHAP V2. I believe I am stuck on a certificate issue. I am attempting to follow: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc774602(WS.10).aspx Where it states: To confirm that the CA has necessary permissions on the Domain Computers and Domain Users containers: Click Start , point to Administrative Tools , and click Active Directory Sites and Services . On the View menu, click Show Services Node . Double-click Services , double-click Public Key Services , right-click Domain Computers , and click Properties . On the Security tab, confirm that the Cert Publishers group has Read and Write permissions. Right-click Domain Users , and click Properties . On the Security tab, confirm that the Cert Publishers group has Read and Write permissions. I follow the directions listed, and do not see "Domain Computers" within "Public Key Services". I have searched around, and see a few others have been stuck on this, but have not seen any answers which have worked (for them, or myself). Thanks ahead of time!
May 20th, 2010 3:38pm

Hi, Do you mean you encounter the event 80? Please describe your environment and the issue in detail so that we can better understand the issue. Meanwhile, please run the following commands on the CA and check if it can solve the issue: certutil -setreg SetupStatus -SETUP_DCOM_SECURITY_UPDATED_FLAG net stop certsvc net start certsvc Note: Please press Enter after each command. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 25th, 2010 4:25am

Joson you are right on the money on this one. Thanks for posting this fix. It save me a great deal of time plus teeth grinding.
June 21st, 2010 3:01pm

Have the same problem, and if what you had described does not help??
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 28th, 2012 4:33am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics