Domain Clients starting slow

hello experts 

Our company have domain controller. Domain controller runs Windows 2008 r2, windows 2003 R2 SP2
Today my technician reports me windows XP clients login is to slow about 30 min after bring back login window. Anyone have idea this promlem?
I see slowed computer event log this application error log showed me:

Application DeviceLock Service (2) from policy Device_lock_install_32bit was

configured to upgrade application DeviceLock Service from policy Device_lock_install_32bit.

The assignment or install of the upgrade application DeviceLock Service (2) from policy

Device_lock_install_32bit failed with error : The installation source for this product is not available.

Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. The upgrade will be aborted.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I think problem cause is our domain controllers OS version windows 2003 and windows2008. This is right?

Please suggest me and Please help me fixing domain clients are slowing login window?

Thanks

• Edited by machado_mn Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:48 AM
February 18th, 2014 3:33am

It seems you have software deployment using group policies. Software deployments are one of the main reasons of slow logons and should be check in first step. The error indicates that the package for deploying is not accessible. you have to make sure that the software is available to be deployed other wise everytime the user logs on, it checks for that unavailable path.

Suggestion: unlink the group policy related to software deployment and see if you sense any changes in user logons.

Regards.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 18th, 2014 8:18am

Hi

You need to check what all stuff is being to sent to systems via login scripts. If its too heavy in size it will delay the logging in environment.

There is no constraint on what OS platform does your domain controllers work.

for t & if yes check the presence of software. If it is present what is the size.he policy error, is the neltlogon accessible  from systems where you are facing this issues.

Please mark this vote as helpful/anwere if you feel the suggestion given is helping you in troubleshooting.

February 18th, 2014 8:25am

Thanks guys.

I checked why this policy cant install client upgrade, cause before this policy other sys admin configure policy for install Devicelock 7.1 on Default Domain Policy. 

Then I removed Devicelock software installation policy from Default Domain Policy. And create new GPO named Device_lock_install_32bit and Device_lock_install_64bit.

I thinks problem is removed Devicelock 7.1 on Default domain policy. Software installation remove is 2 choice

1. Immediately uninstall the software from users and computers

2. Allow users to continue to use the software, but prevent new installations.

I chosen 2nd and delete software installation from Default domain policy. Now My new policy is upgrading 7.1 to 7.3. I think Why cant install program via this policy before i removed installation with 2nd choice. This is right please explain  me?

And i have startup script via group policy disable default share. i configure batch file included those commands:

net share C$ /delete
net share D$ /delete
net share E$ /delete
net share F$ /delete
net share installs /delete
net share install /delete
net share users /delete
net share share /delete

it is slowing 1 reason? 

Now I edit WMI filter named Windows 7 32bit for Device_lock_install_32bit policy. Now XP clients not linked this policy. But users report me still slow about 10 minute later bringing back login screen. Anyone have idea?

Thanks and regards

February 20th, 2014 3:00am

Anyone havent this idea?

Still slowing start windows :((

February 25th, 2014 8:16am

Problem is solved. Because startup script is slowing down clients.

Tnx

• Marked as answer by machado_mn 4 hours 26 minutes ago
August 24th, 2015 10:42pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics