Domain Administrators permissions issue Server 2012 R2

I have installed Server 2012 R2, but getting a strange problem one of the server. When I log on to the server as a our domain user we always using, I have problem with permission. I can only create folder when I open directly on the drive. If I try to copy a file to C: or D: drive, I get a box that telling me: "Destination Folder Access Denied" and it telling me that "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this folder". I can press Continue and I do get to copy this file in there, but I can not wright to it or do any change to it, then I get Access denied. This problem I have on all folder that the OS. I have down off the UAC. If I take this server out of the domain and logging on a a local admin, everything is working fine.

Does anyone have any tips?

January 10th, 2014 10:41am

Can you confirm that you have administrator rights on that server? 
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 10th, 2014 1:31pm

Hi,

I noticed that you mentioned you logged on to the server using a domain user account, have you made this users as a domain administrator? Please first check the users Member Of property to see if he belongs to the proper group. Then please rejoin the machine back to the domain to see if the issue persists.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

January 13th, 2014 3:56am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics