Does Windows Server 2008 R2 support dual monitor?
I have 1GB ATI Radeon HD 4650 display card in my Windows Server 2008 R2 machine. That card has DVI and VGA connectors. I believe this is referred as dualview card. I can see the same desktop on both monitors. However, when I go to control panel and try to adjust screen resolutions, I only see 1 monitor. Does it mean Windows Server 2008 R2 does not support extend functionality of dual monitors. I have seen many threads asking the same question but I have not found one with an answer.
March 22nd, 2011 5:13pm

Hi, Windows Server 2008 R2 supports the dual monitors. Please check the following items: 1. Make sure that you install the latest version of display driver that is compatible with Windows Server 2008 R2. Based on my research, you could download the driver from the following link: http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pages/psearch.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.37&contentType=GPU+Download+Detail&ostype=Windows+Server+2008+R2+-+64-Bit+Edition&keywords=&items=20 2. What are brands and models of the monitors? 3. Make sure that you set one monitor as the main display, and set Multiple displays box as “Extend these displays” Best Regards DalePlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 22nd, 2011 11:21pm

Hi Dale, There is no official server OS driver for that card. I have already tried that link you provided but there is no driver returned. Regards, Peter
March 24th, 2011 1:57am

Maybe you could try Windows 7 64bit driver, or contact the manufacturer to get the driver. Best Regards DalePlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 24th, 2011 4:27am

I have a question, we plan to do a dual monitor in 1 server, the OS is windows 2008 r2 could you help me on how to set a dual monitor? does it depend on the server or the OS? the server is Power Edge T110 and the processor is Inter (R) Xeon (R). hope you could help me.
June 4th, 2012 11:07pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics