Do not send MA notification to specific support groups

Hi all, 

I'm trying to figure out how to set up our environment to not send emails to 2 different support groups. 

The way we currently have our environment set up is when a Manual Activity goes from Pending to In Progress, it sends an email to the Activity Implementer. 

The Activity Implementer is set to automatically populate with an AD group based on the Support Group (we have a Powershell script which does this when a SR is created)

We still want other emails (Incident, Review etc) to be sent to these 2 support groups, just not any Manual Activity notifications. 

I have tried to set up a Queue where if the support group is Group A or Group B, do not send an email, which has worked; however there have been some repercussions on other Manual Activities with other groups. 

http://i.imgur.com/k501p6R.png This image shows that it took the workflow 20+ MINUTES to apply the queue to the Manual Activity, and therefore the notification did not fire because the criteria (Pending to In Progress) was met before the queue was applied, so the email didn't get sent. 

So, first question, are queues supposed to take ages to be applied? Second question, how can I apply a set of rules at the SCSM level to stop emails being sent to Group A and Group B?

Thanks, 

Tony

August 27th, 2015 11:21pm

Hi,

You could try to integrate SCSM with Orchestrator then using the Runbook to control the email.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 1st, 2015 4:40am

Hi, You need to check for group claculation frequency first which you can find in the registry location of service manager installation. By default it's 5 minutes. In second question you can create a RB activity which compares both group member with activity implementer to solve this issue. Thanks, Nishant
September 1st, 2015 5:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics