Do QOS Policies Actually Work?
Hi Will, Here is an article about QoS. Please check the requirements and detailed steps incase there is anything missing: Policy-based Quality of Service (QoS) http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd919203(v=ws.10).aspxTechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
September 28th, 2012 5:05am

Hi, Yes, that has been followed when setting it up. I've explained exactly how it's been setup in my original post. If you see anything I've done incorrectly please let me know. Thanks, - Will Kruss
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 28th, 2012 5:17am

Hi All, I am attempting to limit throughput from nodes in a hyper-v cluster. As there's no way to limit disk IO, and the SAN is mounted using iSCSI I determined the best way would be to limit the amount of KB that can be sent to an IP range using QOS. I created local QOS policy on one of the nodes which throttles KBps to 50000. I specified the destination IP as the iSCSI SAN range (192.168.2.0/24). I then used GPUpdate to enforce the policy. I then logged into a VM running on the node and copied a large file. 1. The SAN reported a disk IO write increase at much higher than 50000KBps (it's a full SSD San) 2. The Performance monitor on Node for Physical Disk Write Bytes/Sec reported values as high as 126,000,000 (that is over 120000KBps) 3. The Network reported Bytes Total/sec up to 229,000,000 bytes (over 225000KBps) If QOS works how can this be possible? Thanks, - Will Kruss
October 3rd, 2012 11:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics