Disconnected network drives
Hello, I have installed a Windows 2008 Domain Server (replacing a 2003 Server) with 5 XP Pro Clients. There is a login script that is run by the workstations when they login to map some network drives. That is pulled from the server. On the workstations, when they login, in My Computer it shows the shares, but they still hold the name of the old 2003 server, ie Scans on Windows 2003. I removed the shares from My Computer and rebooted. Now the drives come up saying Disconnected Network Drive (letter): on all of them. I can click on the drive and it does open up, but the name never changes. Some people have suggested turning off Power save mode for the NIC, did that. Some suggested make sure netlogin is set for Auto in Services, Done. One one of the machines, I deleted the NIC and let windows re-install it. That did fix the issue for that machine. The others however, are still experiencing it. Firewall is turned off at the moment. No antivirus installed at the moment. Any suggestions? Thanks!
December 1st, 2010 9:33pm

XP has had problems with long term connections. Best I can suggest is reboot and make new connections. Elected! Your votes and support have got me my 2010 MVP! Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 2nd, 2010 3:52am

It's not actually disconnecting the drives though. I log in, the machine pulls the script to map the drives. Look in My Computer and each drive says Disconnected network drive. I click on the drive it loads the data, but the name never changes. I've read some other forums with others having the same thing, but no fixes.
December 3rd, 2010 9:06pm

I notice if there is too much traffic back and forth on my old WRT-54G it will eventually ____ out. Restarting the copy works to my server. I suggest a better router if your load is that heavy that its causing disconnections. Elected! Your votes and support have got me my 2010 MVP! Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 3rd, 2010 11:17pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics